Catch my previous post revealing my deepest and darkest makeup hacks? I decided to do a little follow up, and let you all in on my top beauty tips and tricks in general. Enjoy!
- GIVE YOUR SKIN A GOOD CLEANSE: My mamma always told me that the best way to wash my face was to open up my pores with warm water, then rinse with cold, y'know, to close them back up. For an even deeper cleanse we can take this one step further, by soaking a cloth in hot water (as hot as you can stand), and leaving it on your face for ten minutes. Cleanse like normal and then rinse with cold water.
- LIPSTICK ON YOUR TEETH NO MORE: If you're like me and somehow always end up with more lipstick on your teeth than on your lips, this little trick will change your life. No more giving someone your cheeriest smile, then 5 minutes later realizing all you were doing was showing off your lovely red front teeth. Sexy. After you've smothered your lips in your fave shade, pop your finger in your mouth and pull it out slowly. The lipstick that would've ended up all over your teeth is now safely out of the way, on your finger.
- HAVE YOU BEEN APPLYING YOUR MOISTURIZER WRONG?: I've recently been enlightened on a much more effective way of slapping ya moisturizer on that face of yours. No rubbing, just patting. Rubbing it in doesn't actually rub it in. Confused? Well, rubbing actually kind of takes it off of your skin and disperses in all different places. Patting on the other hand, in will let your skin happily drink it all up.
- FINALLY FREE OF BLACKHEADS: Blackheads are the bane of all our lives. None of us really have the patience to stand in front of the mirror squeezing them all out, just for them to make a vengeful return the next day. A quick and effective way to rid your face of blackheads is to steam your face for 5 minutes and exfoliate straight away after.
- TOOTH WHITENING FOR POOR PEOPLE: We all long for pearly whites, but really, how many of us can afford (or even be bothered) to undertake expensive whitening treatments. Plus, they're a bit scary, right? I'm sure you will have some baking powder, hiding away in one of your kitchen cupboards? Dig it out, sprinkle some on your toothpaste, and be prepared for the polish of your life. Baking powder is effective at removing stains, however make sure you have rinsed it away properly afterwards!
- PERFUME THAT LASTS FOREVER: Am I right in saying that we all want our perfume to last longer? Yes? Vaseline may just be your solution. Intrigued? Vaseline will hold the fragrance on your skin for longer, so just Vaseline yourself up before you spritz!
- A LITTLE BOBBY PIN TRICK: Did you know that the ridged side of the bobby pin is meant to face downwards? It will hold your hair a lot better! Strange how most of us use them the wrong way round!
- ANOTHER LITTLE BOBBY PIN TRICK: And if your bobby pins are still sliding out, spray then with some hairspray or dry shampoo. They will hold a lot better.
I want to know all of your beauty hacks! Let me know in the comments.