I don't know about you, but when I sway from my normal skincare routine of cleansing, washing, toning and moisturizing, it really shows. Obviously, with the lack of water and other facilities at festivals, it's quite hard to stick to your normal routine. That coupled with lots of sun, dancing, alcohol consumption and lack of sleep can cause a girl's skin to breakout and look very dull.
But not to worry! There are a few products you can have in your arsenal to fight the dullness and breakouts, and keep your glowing healthy skin!
1. Cleansing lotion - I'm suggesting lotion rather than wipes as wipes actually don't do many favours for that pretty little face of yours. I would recommend either the Simple Cleansing Lotion or The Body Shop's Vitamin E Cream Cleanser. Both are very gentle and effective at removing makeup and dirt, as well as containing vitamins to help keep your skin healthy.
2. Toning and Moisturizing - Just bring your normal toner and moisturizer along with you, as well as enough cotton wool pads to last you the weekend. Try your best to tone and moisturize morning and night like you would at home. The toner will help remove the cleanser residue seeing as you probably won't be able to wash your face, and we all know how important moisturizing it... at a festival more than ever!
3. Spot Cream - Your spot cream will become your new best friend. You are more than likely to get at least one or two spots even if you have generally clear skin, so you won't be sorry for packing a decent spot cream! Tea tree oil is also a very cheap and effective alternative to an expensive spot cream.
4. Water - Now we all know how important drinking your daily dose of 8 glasses of water is for your skin. And the good news is you can still do this quite easily at a festival (or get close at least!) If you have been to a festival before, you will know that they have lots of taps dotted around the campsites and arena's, so just carry a plastic bottle with you at all times and you will always be able to grab some free water!
5. Sun Protection - As we all know, it's so important to protect our faces from the sun. There are so many foundations, powders and moisturizers that have an SPF, so bring one of them along with you and you won't have to worry about applying sun cream to your face every few hours!
Follow me on: