Do your squats, eat your vegetables, wear red lipstick and don't let boys be mean to you. I've seen this quote a few times around twitter and instagram - I love it. It's short, sweet and definitely something us girls should live by. Here are some other little tips we should remember:
- Water is gods gift, literally. It keeps your hair looking healthy, your skin looking clear and you feeling fresh. It makes you feel less hungry throughout the day so you are less likely to snack on them carb and sugar loaded biscuits. Try to remember to get your 8 - 10 glasses each day!
- Your beauty sleep is very important! Make sure you get your 8 hours!
- Crash diets and dieting pills are a lie! Don't waste your money, just eat healthily and exercise.
- If that girl you hate is still messaging your boyfriend, it's probably because she is still getting a reply. Sorry to break it to you, but that is the frustrating truth in this situation.
- Yankee Candles are a jar of happiness. If you have never tried a Yankee Candle before then you are missing out. There are so many different choices of scent, and lighting one candle will fill your whole house with it's delicious smell.
- Drink herbal tea! So many flavours and so many benefits.
- Spending a little extra money on a good foundation is so worth it. It lasts longer and looks better.
- Stick to your morning and nightly skin care routine of cleansing, toning and moisturizing (don't forget eye cream). And always take your make up off before bed. Your skin will thank you for it later.
- Breakfast is the most important meal - it gets your metabolism going so your body is much more effective at burning the calories you take in throughout the day.
- Olive oil is a brilliant for your hair.
- Red lipstick is the best thing invented ever, so don't be scared to wear it!
- Sugar waxing is a great alternative to shaving and normal waxing.
- Either have your legs, tummy or boobs out. Two can be okay if there is slightly less of each, but never all 3!
- Don't spend too much time crying over boys - there's so much better things you could be doing with your time.
- Wearing sunglasses whenever it's sunny (even in the winter) stops you squinting therefore making wrinkles less likely.
- You can never have too many pairs of underwear.
- Eating nuts is great as they have so many health benefits.
- If you wake up feeling too down to get up and do anything, force yourself to get up, put on some make up and a smile, and do something with your friends. I guarantee you will feel better.
- Stock up on hand sanitizer and vaseline and never leave the house without them.
- Exercise, exercise, exercise! It's so good for getting rid of stress and anxiety.
- Don't be the girl that wears see through leggings with a top not long enough to cover her bum. Not a good look.
- Smiling and laughing generally makes you feel happier, and yummy food like chocolate releases endorphin's making you feel better. So if your having a crappy day, put a funny movie on and pig out on chocolate for a little pick me up.
- An apple in the morning is just as, if not more effective then your daily cup of coffee. And a whole lot healthier.
- If you're single, don't feel down about not having a boyfriend. Just remember, you can kiss anyone you want. Whenever you want.
- And last but definitely not least... Carbs are not your enemy! They are yummy and great source of energy!
Follow me on: